Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Daring to Trust Review

Daring to Trust (Indigo Girls, Book 1) ~
   Trisha Wilson
Publisher ~ Trisha Wilson
Published ~ 11 September 2011

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5

Mark Turner is an undercover cop who walked out on his wife Julia when the going got tough. Four years later, when an undercover operation goes bad and he thinks he’s going to die, he promises if he makes it out alive he will go set things right with Julia. But will she want him back after four years of silence?

I have to tell you, I’m not impressed with Mark. He’s an ass not just because he walked away when the going got tough, but because he maintained radio silence for four freakin’ years. His wife didn’t know where he was or even if he was alive. Nope, not liking him at all.

Despite Mark’s assishness (not sure that’s a word, so I think I’ll claim it) Julia loves him, has always loved him and will always love him. So, when he walks back into her life, (I did mention the four freakin’ years of silence, right?) she has a huge decision to make. Tell him to take a hike or take a chance on trusting him again.

Julia is a better person than me because she decides to give him another chance and without any begging, crawling or presents involved! Ok, seriously, this is a great story about a relationship that fell apart, bad decisions regretted and that leap of faith we all sometimes need to take. I enjoyed it very much even though I would’ve liked it even more if Julia had given Mark the cold shoulder for a bit. Like I said, she’s a better person than me. lol

*The author provided a copy of this book to me. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment