Saturday, September 1, 2018

24:01 One Minute After


*Book source ~ ARC. 
My review is voluntary and honest.
13 January 2012
Anthology
Fantasy | Horror | Sci-Fi
218 Pages

My Rating ~ 3 bites

This anthology is a mixture of paranormal, fantasy, horror, and sci-fi. The writing is great, but most of the stories aren’t really my thing.

Nanny ~ Horror. Experiments on rats gone very wrong.

A Simple Trade ~ Fantasy. This is why leaders should always talk to their elders/counsel before making decisions. This is my favorite story out of this collection.

Spirits of the ‘Cane ~ Horror. I don’t get this one.

Edgar ~ Fantasy. Ok, this was weird. I was so confused throughout this one.

Galinda ~ Horror/Fantasy. Galinda is, um, quite different.

A Kingdom for the Taking ~ Historical/Fantasy. I enjoyed this one.

A Darkness of Spirit ~ Fantasy. Dragons.

Verdara Lightstar ~ Sci-Fi. My second favorite of the collection.

Science and the Greater Good ~ Horror. Oh. My. The science involved in this one strained my brain and the MC is horrifying.

The Roots of Fate ~ Fantasy. A bad guy tries to rise again and there’s magic involved.

A Second Rising ~ Sci-Fi/Dystopian. This is depressing as shit. Well, except for the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment