Thursday, November 10, 2016

In the Company of Wolves

*Book source ~ NetGalley
Author ~ James Micharl Larranaga
Published ~ 10 October 2013
Genre ~ Mystery
Pages ~ 282

My Rating ~ 3 bites

Quin Lighthorn is working undercover for the FBI at Safe Haven in an attempt to find out what happened to two agents. While finding the agents is his top priority it’s not long before he starts unraveling a much bigger problem and since he’s not the most mentally stable guy he’s not positive he’s finding what he thinks he’s finding. What’s real and what’s part of his imagination?

I had high hopes for this story, but the more I read the more confused I became. Is Quin mentally unstable? Or does he possess some kind of psychic gift? It’s hard to say. The plot is not very sophisticated. In fact, it’s very simplistic. And Quin experiences some serious TSTL moments. So dumb that I want to shake some sense into him. I mean, really?! Anyway, I enjoy the wolf trivia, but the comparison to the characters in the book to wolves got tiresome after awhile. I do like the plot revolving around viatical settlements. It seems like there should have been other murder mysteries with that plotline, but I can’t recall any. In spite of the flaws though I wouldn’t mind reading more about Quin and his companions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment