Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hunter

Title ~ Hunter
Author ~ Jacquelyn Frank/Jax
Publisher ~ Kensington
Published ~ 30 April 2013
Genre ~ Paranormal/Fantasy/Romance

My Rating ~ 4 bites out of 5


Tatyana Petrova is dropping in unexpectedly on her brother Dimitre when her car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. With the mountains blocking her cell signal she decides to hoof it to the next house she sees. When she finally spots the lights of the big mansion fitting the description her brother gave her she’s nearly frozen from the cold. Pausing at the front door to get a twig from her shoe she falls into the arms of Hunter Finn when he opens the door in preparation to go out for dinner with his family.

Hunter is surprised to have a beautiful woman fall into his arms.  Because the house is warded she shouldn’t have been able to find them, yet here she is.  In his arms. Shivering and teeth chattering. After getting her warmed up and introduced around they decide to eat in. That’s when things get interesting because she didn’t just fall into the arms of a hot yummy man. She fell into the middle of a coven of witches.

Well-written with excellent characters this story flows smoothly. There is humor, suspense and smoking hot sex. My only complaint is at the beginning. It’s my understanding that this is the first book in a new series. However, starting out I felt as if I was missing a piece of the story. There were a lot of people introduced all at once and when I found out Dimitre and Annali were in a relationship and the coven had been attacked with Dimitre instrumental in the win, I realized their story should have been told first. I want to know how and when they met and experience their story. All-in-all though I loved this story. I look forward to what comes next.

*Book source ~ Many thanks to Kensington and NetGalley for providing me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment