Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Exponential Apocalypse

Title ~ Exponential Apocalypse
Series ~ Exponential Apocalypse, #1
Author ~ Eirik Gumeny
Publisher ~ Jersey Devil Press
Published ~ 1 August 2009
Genre ~ Humor/Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy/Sci-Fi

My Rating ~ 4 bites out of 5


Where do I begin with this book? There are many characters and it’s told from several points of view. There are gods, werewolves, zombies, clones, robots, cyborgs, philosophers…well, basically everything except the kitchen sink. Why was there no kitchen sink? Anyway, if you like books that are quirky, absurd, irreverent, strange, outlandish, bizarre, um, I’m running out of words here. Let me put it to you this way…this book is like Monty Python on crack. I happen to love Monty Python (but not crack, not that I’ve ever tried it), so I found this book quite amusing and an entertaining way to spend an afternoon. I look forward to reading Book 2, Exponential Apocalypse: Dead Presidents.

*Many thanks to Jersey Devil Press for providing me with a review copy. Please see disclaimer page.


4 comments:

  1. I adore Monty Python as well..this sounds interesting! Delightful and funny review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I was laughing out loud or giggling and my husband was just shaking his head.

      Delete
  2. I don't know who MP or what crack does but I get what you mean. More power to your "addiction" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Google® them, Braine. LOL I can't wait to start the next book.

      Delete