Monday, June 4, 2012

My Lord Vampire

My Lord Vampire
   (Immortal Rogues, #1)
   ~ Alexandra Ivy
Publisher ~ Zebra
Published ~ 28 February 2012

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


It’s been two hundred years since vampires have retreated behind the Veil to live a life pursuing knowledge instead of humans. Now, that peaceful existence is being threatened by three rogues who have decided they should be out there doing what vampires do best, hunting and killing the nasty lower life forms called humans and gaining power.

Gideon Ravel and two others are sent back to the world of the humans to find three maidens, each entrusted with a piece of the Medallion used to create, hold and protect the Veil. Gideon is in search of Lady Simone Gilbert and he must find and protect her before one of the rogues gets to her. Let the hunt begin!

A very enjoyable read. Well-written, smooth-flowing with well-fleshed characters and an interesting plot. I loved the idea of vampires retreating behind the Veil and then the Veil being in jeopardy. Gideon was too arrogant for my liking, but I love seeing an arrogant man being brought down later by the heroine. I really liked Simone. She was intelligent, not easily fooled and a survivor.

This is the first book by Alexandra Ivy that I’ve read, but it won’t be my last. I look forward to reading more by her.

*The publisher provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment