Monday, June 25, 2012

The Love We Make series (1, 2, 3)

The Love We Make
   (The Love We Make, #1)
   ~ Matt Blissett
Publisher ~ Matt Blissett
Published ~ 23 April 2012

My Rating ~ 3.5 out of 5


Debra is a married mom of two when she decides to friend an old acquaintance on a social network site. He responds and they chat then meet for lunch. Lunch then leads to other things.

This is a well-written, hot story with interesting characters.

However, I couldn’t get past my own personal feelings for Debra. I don’t like her. She says she’s content with her life and her husband, but she’s missing “something”, so she jumps feet first into an affair. I think she’s pretty selfish and self-serving only because she never talks to her husband about how she feels. For all she knows he’s feeling the same way and they could be doing this ‘exploration’ together. Instead she sneaks around behind his back. Sorry, but that is unacceptable behavior in my book.

I don’t like Max either simply because he knows up front she’s married and tempts her anyway. Maybe it’s just me, but I got the feeling that Max is sleeping his way through the ‘babes’ from high school who ignored him when he was a gawky geek. I don’t trust him or his motivations at all.


Conversations on a Theme
   (The Love We Make, #2)
Publisher ~ Matt Blissett
Published ~ 26 April 2012

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5

Debra and Max continue their affair.

This is also well-written and hot with interesting characters. Yes, they are interesting even if I don’t like them or their actions. There’s a hot phone sex scene and then a picnic in the woods that had me thinking I was glad I wasn’t reading this in the orthodontist waiting room.




 Playful Restraint 
   (The Love We Make, #3)
Publisher ~ Matt Blissett
Published ~ 10 May 2012

My Rating ~ 3.5 out of 5

Debra and Max go on an overnighter.

Still well-written and hot with interesting characters. No, I don’t like them any better, but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate a great story that surrounds them. I’m not a deep thinker, so the deep introspection does nothing for me and the hot scenes are hot yet the first scene doesn’t quite push my buttons like the second one does. ;)

All-in-all, the stories in this series (all shorts and quick reads) are great reads even if the concept is not really my cup of tea. Indications are that there will be a #4, so be sure to check it out.

*The author provided copies of these stories to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment