Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Bride and The Brute

The Bride and The Brute
   ~ Laurel O'Donnell
Publisher ~  O'Donnell Books
Published ~  13 December 2011

My Rating ~ 4 out of 5


The year is 1392, England. Lord Reese Harrington is blackmailed into marrying Jayce Cullen. Jayce’s father has tried several times to get Reese to marry his daughter, but after several rebuffs he kidnaps Reese’s sister and the ransom is marriage to Jayce. Reese is beyond furious that he is forced into a marriage he doesn’t want and Jayce doesn’t understand why he married her if he didn’t want to get married. Can a marriage survive this bad of a start? Or will it break them both?

I stumbled across this free enovella on Goodreads and was immediately drawn into it. I read it all the way through before I had realized it. The story flowed quickly and I liked the characters.

I’m not sure how long it took me to read because I didn’t note the time, but it’s a short read and an enjoyable way to pass the time.

**I'd like to say how much I LOVE the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment