Friday, April 27, 2012

Lovers Undercover: Impassioned

Lovers Undercover: Impassioned
    ~ Rae McCartney
Publisher ~ Jamie Salisbury
Published ~ 13 February 2012

My Rating ~ 3 out of 5


Scarlett Bouvier owns SLB Communications and her biggest client is the sexy singer Zachariah Logan McGregor, known as Zachariah to his hoards of followers, but Logan to his friends. Logan thinks Scarlett is hot and Scarlett thinks Logan is hot. Do they dare attempt a personal relationship while maintaining a professional one? I did mention they were hot for each other, right? Of course they’re going for it! However, they didn’t count on a stalker and a big shocker.

I liked the concept for this book. The story flowed quickly, but not without a few hiccups. My biggest problem was the constant flip flopping of verb tense. It was distracting and kept pulling me out of the story. The dialogue felt a bit forced, but the sex scenes were smoking. The ending was a bit too abrupt. I felt as if I was cruising down a set of steps and as I neared the bottom I took one last step only to find there was one more after that. Or when you thought there was one more step and there wasn’t? Come on…how many of you have done that? I can’t be the only one. Ok, I’m not confessing anymore. Either way it’s pretty jarring and that’s how I felt the abrupt ending was. I would’ve liked a better build up to the cliffhanger.

I do want to know what happens in the next book. I look forward to a resolution.

*The author provided a copy of this book to me for review. Please see disclaimer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment