Sunday, February 2, 2020

AVR Weekly News ~ 329th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 328th Edition
  •  Monday ~ Tour Spotlight ~ TWR The Friday Edition by Betta Ferrendelli
  • Tuesday ~ Kindle ReviewSlaying Monsters for the Feeble by Annette Marie
  • Wednesday ~ Kindle ReviewObsidian Son by Shayne Silvers
  • Thursday ~ Kindle ReviewFull Moon Howl by Orlando A. Sanchez
  • Friday ~ ReviewThe Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
  • Saturday ~ ReviewBurden of Truth by Kristin Ward

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ Call Me Cass by Kelly Stone Gamble
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ The Friday Edition by Betta Ferrendelli
  • Friday ~ Meme ~ Friday Featured Spotlight ~ TWR Tour: The Friday Edition
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 330th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Things are almost back to normal. I still have a cold which is just mostly annoying. Kyle got an infection in his eye that required a trip to the eye doctor and some antibiotics. Picked up a new washer on Monday to go with the new dryer. Laundry takes so much less time now and both machines are super quiet. I love them! We're also looking at stoves, so apparently 2020 is going to be The Year of New Appliances. I'm hoping before the year ends to get a new fridge and freezer. But those are expensive (especially the fridge, wowzers!) so we have to save up. And yesterday we took the grandkiddos to Jurassic World Live at the Coliseum. Anna, Alex, and Trip went with us and it was pretty cool. Kyle, the anti-social kid who would be happy never leaving the house, stayed home to play video games and watch over the furry family members.

Touching Nature: Some cold, some rain, a pathetic attempt at snow quickly aborted, and that's about it.

Book News: I had 13 reviews and I'm down to 4. So, yay me. *shakes pom poms*

Don't Touch That Dial!: Finished Dexter season 6 and moved onto 7. I finished The Witcher. Trip and I have continued our Star Wars rewatch. We did Revenge of the Sith, Solo, and have started Rebels. We timed this all wrong since Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 7 comes out this month on the 21st. Grrrr. Since there are 12 episodes and they will air weekly on Disney+, we will most likely watch in tandem with Rebels. Which will probably annoy us, but...*shrugs*

At the Flicks: None yet

Cyberspace Playground: Nothing

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: To be clear, it only needs to be epic in your eyes. If you think it is so, then it is.
That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


Kindle First
February Pick



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.

because why not? lol

8 comments:

  1. New appliances are cool. We got a new washer, oven, and new fridge & freezer when we moved into our new house a year or so ago and it was then I realised it's the little things that bring joy, lol.

    I love that meme! I really need to get my mojo back and be a force of awesome! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New appliances are awesome. But only if the old ones are many years old. Replacing one that's only a couple of years old would definitely not be awesome. And would make me irrate.

      Do it! Go do that epic thing!

      Delete
  2. I did the new appliance thing for the house and fridges ARE spendy. I got mine at Sears Outlet, which saved $700. I love the cover of In An Instant. I know a new freezer is in my future; mine is 24 years old. And my dustbuster is dying. I hope you find good deals!

    Here's to a healthy week! At least the weather looks great.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the dryer at our Sears that is closing so I got a great deal. The washer I got at Lowe's and it was fairly cheap, too. It's got this auto sensor that's just weird and there's no option to just spin the laundry one more time like my old one had, but it's quiet so yay.

      I guess Spring is officailly here? It's just plain wrong.

      Delete
  3. New appliances are expensive as heck but so good to have. I also need a fridge and the pricing makes me want to cry. Sigh. I wasn't wowed by any of the February Kindle First books, I'm still waffling.

    "T-Rexes & Tax Law because why not? lol" - agreed. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fridges are so ridiculous, but ours is 20 yrs old and I'm sure there are more energy efficient ones out there. But that price?! Yikes

      Delete
  4. I desperately need a bigger freezer, I hate having to try and cram in everything each week.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a small one since that's all I have room for, but yeah, I need a bigger freezer. Or at least a newer one. It's 22 yrs old and I'm constantly having to defrost it. Trying to figure out how to work the laundry room so I can get an upright one. Logistics *sigh*

      Delete