Sunday, November 24, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 319th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 318th Edition
  • Monday ~ ReviewBlood Type by K.A. Linde
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewHide and Seek by Mary Burton
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewReign of the Vampires by Rebekah R. Ganiere 
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ The Traitor by Grace Burrowes
  • Friday ~ ReviewCover Your Eyes by Mary Burton
  • Saturday ~ ReviewKeep Her Close by M.J. Ford

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ The Corspe Wore Stilettos by M.J. O'Neill
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ May Day by Scott Bell
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Making It Rain In Texas by Russ Hall
  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 320th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!


Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

On the Home Front: Mostly errands, deep cleaning, and leaf blowing. Not very exciting stuff. Except for Thursday when we took grandkiddo #2 to the grocery store with us and he came over to play for a bit while grandkiddo #1 was in Kindergarten. Oh! I forgot to announce last week that there will be a grandkiddo #3 in May. Yay! Of course, we found out right after I got rid of all the baby crap I had here. LOL
Boone and grawpaw building a tower.

Touching Nature:
Chilly and some rain and then not so chilly. Backpack Blower and I engaged some of the leafy horde on Monday, but then Ma Nature turned on the waterworks and we ended up soaked. And cold. So we only cleared the front of the house of the crispy menace. Hubby commandeered Backpack Blower on Weds and routed the enemy from their entrenched position in the gutters. On Saturday Backpack Blower & I engaged in Leafageddon: Infinity Wars and just as we were finishing in total victory it started to rain. Are you fucking kidding me?


Book News: I am now at 90% on NetGalley! Woot! I have 4 reviews left to write and I'm going to try to get them done today.

Also, to all book bloggers out there in Book Blogging Land, The Book Bloggers' Novel of the Year Award for 2020 is looking for panelists. You can read about it HERE and sign up HERE if you're interested. For authors who want to participate there is an email HERE you can sign up for to stay updated on when it will be open to entries.

Don't Touch That Dial!: The Mandalorian, of course. A couple episodes of Dexter. And sports.

At the Flicks: Nothing

Cyberspace Playground: Nothing

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I live by the rule Dust if you Must. Because dusting is a worthless fucking task. It's satisfying for the 2.5 seconds the item is clean then dust starts settling on shit all over again. I only do it when it is so bad that a half-blind person could see it or the one time a year I deep clean.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nothing


For Review



Purchased ebook
$1.99


Freebies
Free at the time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.


5 comments:

  1. I swear I dust when I can see it or it starts to bother me. I just can't do something if it just keeps coming back. I don't have time for that...there are books to be read.

    YAY! New Gandkiddo! I am glad you got to spend some time with them this week.
    90% is awesome you did great!

    Have a wonderful week, Carol! Happy Reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I only dust when my parents are coming to visit which is only every four months or so...and I have black furniture LOL

    Wishing you a great reading week, with less leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I have that same rule when it comes to dusting, especially since I live out in the country and dusting seems like a waste of time...lol.

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dusting philosophy and i'm pretty much right there with you. I probably dust 1 time a month, if that. because it comes right back, especially when you have a dog.

    Your leaf battle is hilarious and I'm sorry about the rain, sounds like mother nature took this round :/ LOL

    Congrats on grandkid #3!! so exciting. And of course you got rid of the baby stuff. if you hadn't, there wouldn't be a #3. it's a rule ;)

    Have a great week and ritual sacrifice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually made it out and blew leaves today since the city is supposed to come by with the big leaf sucker tomorrow. I am totally with you on the dusting. I have a great excuse though. I actually have the letter my Mom got from Mayo Clinic saying I am allergic to dust and to dust and vacuum when I am not home. lol. Yay for your Netgalley stats!

    Have a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete