Sunday, July 28, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 302nd Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 301st Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Friday ~ Review ~ April's Fool by Scott Bell
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Emeralds and Envy by Angela McRae
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 303rd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Still trying to get all of Trip's paperwork and shit done for his Fall registration at the local community college. Ugggghhh. The asshole NCDOT mowers hit the AT&T box at the end of the road again and rain got down inside making our internet intermittent and slow when it was up. I think it finally dried out. Plus, we had two techs out yesterday so I guess it's fixed? We'll see. Some appt's coming up for this week, plus Thurs will be grocery day. Not looking forward to people-ing.

Touching Nature: 2.5" of rain from Monday night through Tuesday night. We needed it, but really didn't need it all at once. Temps have been awesome since the rain though. However, it's starting to creep back up to 90º. It's been a relief.

Book News: I have 3 reviews to write. Reading is going slowly for some reason. Staying steady at 16 books behind on my Goodreads challenge. lol I was chosen to receive a paperback ARC of Dianne Duvall's new Immortal Guardians book Death of Darkness. Just squee-ing while I wait for it to get here. I know I will devour it as soon as I get my hot little hands on it. I'll have reviews starting again on Friday. I don't have as many ready for August as I'd hoped. I may have to take another break sooner than I'd like.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Moving right along with the Psych rewatch and the boys and I have started season 3 of our Star Wars: The Clone Wars rewatch. Thank the stars Anakin and Ahsoka finally got new outfits. And somehow Ahsoka has a 2nd light saber which I haven't heard an explanation about yet.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: LOLOLOL
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Wool dryer balls are a pretty good invention (that I use without dryer sheets most of the time), but I'd really like to know how they manage to get inside pockets. Because wtf.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Zip


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.



10 comments:

  1. fun freebies. hope you enjoy diane's new book
    sherry @ Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the paperwork!
    I'm glad your internet is up and running again. I freak out when mine develops issues. I sometimes feel like I live on the internet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping we got it all taken care of this time. Just need to wait for an email now.

      I do live on the internet. Mostly. lol

      Delete
  3. Paperwork can be so frustrating, I hope Trip appreciates all your hard work.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's schizoaffective, so it's extra paperwork for him and he doesn't drive, so I do all the schlepping and help with the maze of adulting. I know he appreciates me though. :)

      Delete
  4. We had something similar happen when construction workers hit a line. Internet was down all over the Eastern Shore. Made it hard to get anything done at work and customers were as frustrated as we were. Took almost 24 hours to fix it. Shakespeare's Witch looks wicked. I have to do the paperwork and such for my son and can appreciate how difficult it is for you. He wasn't able to attend college. Too big of a challenge and I'm glad Trip is able to:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mowers chewed up the box back in May and it was down 8 days. They are ridiculous! Though part of the problem was AT&Ts absolutely clunky-as-fuck customer service. It took them 5 of those days just to figure out the problem even though I TOLD them what was wrong and it was clearly visible damage. Grrrr! But I feel your and everyone else's pain. So much is done online now that having it down for any length of time is supremely inconvenient.

      Now that we're doing the final financial aid paperwork his anxiety is kicking in. We'll do one step at a time and see how it goes.

      Delete
  5. AH! I'm sorry they hit the AT&T box. LIKE, AGAIN? Dang. Hopefully that's the last of it. Congrats on being picked to receive an ARC of the new Dianne Duvall! Hope you enjoy it and that this week treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR?! The tech that came out said AT&T bills the county and the county just pays the bill. How fucked up is that? Talk about fiscal irresponsibility. I would fire everyone who did it and hire new people.

      Delete