Sunday, April 21, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 290th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 289th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewVulnerable by Mary Burton
  • Thursday ~ ReviewWild Card (GN) by Jim Butcher
  • Saturday ~ ReviewDangerous Talents by Frankie Robertson

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ The Witcher by Paul Tobin
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Burglars & Blintzes by Morgan C. Talbot
  • Friday ~ Kindle Review ~ Stitches and Witches by Nancy Warren
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 291st Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Did some work outside on the days it wasn't raining. Other than that, I have nothing to report.

Touching Nature: Nice early in the week, then hot then rain, then more rain and wind and tornado warnings/watch, then cloudy and cool. So, summed up in one word: Spring.

Book News: I reached the coveted 80% on NetGalley. Woot! Chugging along with my review backlog. Had a bit of a book binge this week and now I have 6 reviews to write, but I'm only 4 books behind on my Goodreads challenge. So, yay? lol
Don't Touch That Dial!: Criminal Minds when we have time, Indians, and having a stroke watching the Hurricanes in the playoffs. 

At the Flicks: Family wants to see see Shazam! today. I'll go for the popcorn and the custard at Freddy's after. We FINALLY have a Dairy Queen (been waiting 21 yrs for one here in NC), but I'm not sure the kids want to trade our traditional after movie custard for a blizzard. Besides, Freddy's is right by the theater.

Cyberspace Playground: Nope

Randomness: People always shooting down my ideas.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Do the things you've been meaning to do but never got around to doing. I've never had a professional massage. I need to schedule one of those and soon. Although I'm afraid it might prove addicting.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
None

Purchased ebook
99¢


Gifted


For Review
Many thanks to Red Adept Publishing



Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.






14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your badge!And the weather has been really nice here too as it feels like summer! Knowing my country by the end of next week we'll freeze our behind off again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love your random. Congrats on getting to 80%! I always seem to be behind on reviews. I can’t keep up. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still majorly behind, but I feel so accomplished now. lol

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on that 80%..now to just keep it there,

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so long since I saw 80% on Netgalley. I really need to work on that in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a NetGalley November where I only post my NetGalley reviews the entire month. It has helped considerably.

      Delete
  5. Wahoo on the 80% NetGalley Badge..you rock *winks* It was 82* yesterday and after some rain last night, we will be luck to hit 60* today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good considering I was at 30-something last year. I think. Or was that 2017? Anyway...*dances* lol

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the 80% Our weather has been similar. Cool over the weekend but now low 80s and sunny for mid-week. What a book haul! Enjoy your new reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) We're both in NC so we should be pretty similar. Rain coming for Friday, but 80s is too warm for Spring, imo. Can't we just get like 2 months of 60s-low 70s? Why is that so hard?

      Delete
  7. Well done for getting the coveted 80%. I'm doing my best to hold on to mine too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will take it from our cold dead hands. Amirite? lol

      Delete