Sunday, February 3, 2019

AVR Weekly News ~ 279th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 278th Edition
  •  Monday ~ Kindle ReviewOnly the Truth by Adam Croft 
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewSouls of the Damned by E.S. Moore
  • Friday ~ ReviewLook Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich

Page Forward >>>

  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ The Newfoundland Vampire by Charles O'Keefe
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Released by Amber Polo
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 280th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Hallelujah!! I have no appts scheduled for anyone, human or furry, this coming week. *does dance* This past week was run, run, run, fast as we can and I'm beat.

In other news, I cleaned out and organized both fridges and the chest freezer. Whew! Since this was grocery week (Thurs) I now have fresh food to work with AND I can find everything again. I even bought a pork loin that I cut into chops (got 5 meals of chops out of it) and I bought a large pack of stew meat that I cut into smaller pieces and got 3 meals out of the package. I'm looking forward to using my Instant Pot on those bad boys. I also went out yesterday and bought the fixins to make guacamole, black beans, stuffed jalapeños, and pico de gallo all of which I'll probably make today. Look at me, adulting all over the damn place this past week.

Touching Nature: Polar vortex tapped us lightly on the shoulder with some teens at night and 30s during the day for a couple days, but we were 61º yesterday and we're supposed to get 60s, even 70s, through Fri. Wut?! Possible rain heading in by the end of the week so I'd like to get outside and get burning some of the shitty wood we have out back and some brush as well as get the last of the leaves blown out of the creek.

Book News: I have two reviews to write. I hope to get them done today since they're scheduled for this week. LOL

Don't Touch That Dial!: Hubby and I finished season 15 of NCIS and I'm done with that show. Killing off Reeves, Abby leaving, I can't stand Jack, and that dumbass cliffhanger where Vance gets kidnapped by Arastoo from Bones, so it's buh-bye. Time to move on. Hubby hadn't seen season 2 of The Punisher yet so we started that. I know Trip and I just finished it, but it's so awesome how could I not watch it again? lol Trip and I started back where we left off on our rewatch of Arrow, so we're in season 2. That's it for me. I don't really have a lot of time to watch tv anymore. I will probably watch the Superbowl tonight if only for the commercials. I don't give a shit for either team in it.

At the Flicks: Not yet.

Cyberspace Playground: While I was eating dinner Fri and Sat, I caught up on some YouTube channels that had put out new videos. Some of them had a lot of new content. lol I just don't have time to sit and watch like I used to.

Randomness: The lies you tell yourself.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I mentioned it above: I buy a pork loin and cut up my own chops. It's usually cheaper that way especially if I get the loin on sale. You can cut up a chuck roast into stew meat, too.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library stacks



Kindle First
February Pick



Freebies
I managed one freebie this week. LOL
Free at time of drafting. 
Gaze twice, click once.



10 comments:

  1. I know how it feel to have nothing scheduled! It is pure bliss! So enjoy your free time to do as you please ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I have nothing scheduled. I keep thinking I forgot to put something on the calendar. LOL

      Delete
  2. Wait you grocery shop once a month? How exactly do you do that if that is what you do? I go every week. This family is like food vacuums. I can't keep food in the house. We need to chat groceries because that is the hardest thing to do as an adult.

    I just grabbed It's Not Hansel and Gretel and also downloaded the first one. The cover is adorable and it sounds so cute. :)

    Hope you have the best week ever, Carol! Happy Reading! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop every two weeks and pick up some perishables in-between if needed. I wish I could shop once per month. LOL

      I didn't realize when I grabbed it that there was a 1st book. I wasn't paying attention. lol

      Delete
  3. I love weeks where I know I don't have to be anywhere... Much better than normal weeks where I'm constantly running around panicked and late, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange. Did I forget to put something on the calendar?! LOL

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you’ve been busy, so I hope your quiet week is relaxing. Enjoy your new books!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too! I need it. Though I have things I want to do outside, so maybe not as quiet as I'd like. I'd love to just lay around and read, but I don't see that happening. lol

      Delete
  5. Yay for awesome adulting. I find it easier to do that stuff, and go swimming, when it is over 50 and I am loving the warmer temps this week. I have been grilling stuff we have in the freezer. I ran out of green food last night so I went to Walmart today for lettuce and spinach, and some other fresh stuff. I didn't like the look of their green beans so maybe somewhere else. This week is a bit more relaxed but next week is much busier, and will be colder again. Enjoy your reads! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up running around a bit this week. Go figure. LOL The temps have been very warm, haven't they? Yikes! I hate when it gets 80 and we have naked trees. We needed some shade today. And the A/C but I refused. lol I will appreciate the more seasonal temps even if it will be nearly 30º cooler. :) We used the grill once this week. I should have used it more since it not only was warmer, but the first time in a long time we had several days IN A ROW with no rain. Woot woot!

      Delete