Sunday, November 25, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 269th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 268th Edition
  • Monday ~ ReviewThe Word Exchange by Alena Graedon
  • Tuesday ~ ReviewWhat a Reckless Rogue Needs by Vicky Dreiling
  • Wednesday ~ ReviewVampire's Hunger by Cynthia Garner
  • Thursday ~ ReviewStill by Ann Mayburn
  • Friday ~ ReviewGilded Cage by Vic James
  • Saturday ~ ReviewWarped Ambition by Debbie S. TenBrink

Page Forward >>>

  • Monday ~ Review ~ Ararat by Christopher Golden
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Dawn in Damnation by Clark Casey
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Tamed by Rebecca Zanetti
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Hark! The Herald Angels by Christopher Golden
  • Friday ~ Review ~ A Christmas to Remember anthology
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 269th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This has been an emotional Thanksgiving. Our first major holiday without dad. We spent Turkey Day watching football, stuffing ourselves with awesome food, and reminiscing about dad. On Friday we gathered to spread his ashes on the farm in the exact spot as he specified. My dad actually drew a map on the back of his hand-written obituary. That is so my dad. The weather warmed up and was sunny. My oldest brother read a poem called The Water Circle by James Broughton and it was beautiful. Then those of us who wanted to toss his ashes to the wind did so. I did. Afterwards we gathered at my other brother's house and he and his wife laid out a great spread of food and we had a mimosa toast to dad. Like I said, an emotional week. I have nothing else to report.


Touching Nature: Ohio weather, what can I say? It was super cold then it warmed up and now it's going to drop again. I have no idea what it's doing in NC. Rain, I think?

Book News: I'm up to 79% on NetGalley with 2 more reviews ready to go, 1 more book almost finished with review needing written and 2 more that need to be read. NetGalley home stretch here we come! It's going to be a close one!

Don't Touch That Dial!: Nothing to report here.

At the Flicks: Nope

Cyberspace Playground:  Nope

Randomness: Seriously. Who else is bothered by the shower curtain's personal space violation?
Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: When traveling and you don't have enough room for all of everyone's shit in the vehicle (our first major trip with 6 adults in the Pilot instead of a minivan), invest in one of those hitch cargo carriers and a bigass cooler. I stuffed all of our winter boots and jackets in ours (this is the first time I sacrificed carrying drinks and food lol) and when it rained while we traveled everything stayed nice and dry. Yes, I occasionally have great ideas. Also, that cooler is one of our better investments. It is an 150-Qt monster and it has traveled many times with us over the years (and we've used it to save perishables during power outages) though this is the first time the stuff in it was not edible or thirst quenching.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope


Freebies
Free at time of drafting.
Gaze twice, click once.




5 comments:

  1. I wish I could give you a giant hug! I am glad you were surrounded by family. I also sure he was watching over you all. (((HUGS)))

    I hate the fucking shower curtain! Ours is so annoying! It like attacks us.

    Hope this week is great for you Carol! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept virtual hugs. Thank you!

      Omg, I'm so glad we don't have a shower curtain anymore. But whenever I'm someplace that has one, it always invades my personal space. WTF?!

      This week is not proving so great. *sigh* But thank you! XOXO

      Delete
  2. Sorry you had a tough Thanksgiving. *Hugs.* I hate when shower curtains touch me! Especially because water gets all over the floor while they’re flapping around.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bittersweet. Thank you for the hugs. :)

      Shower curtains are assholes. That is all. lol

      Delete
  3. I am glad you were able to be with family for Thanksgiving. The weather here in NC is the same. Autumn, winter, autumn, winter. The cold spells are more sunny. The warm days tend to be cloudy / rainy. We're in the cloudy/rainy phase right now. I did manage to rake the leaves in the front yard today, and Monday before it turns freezing again I hope to have another go at the leaves.
    Here's to some great reading ahead! Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete