Sunday, November 11, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 267th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 266th Edition
  • Monday ~ ReviewTake It Like a Vamp by Candace Havens
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Bad Mouth by Angela McCallister
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ In His Command by Rie Warren
  • Thursday ~  Review ~ The Elusive Wife by Callie Hutton
  • Friday ~ ReviewSearching for Someday by Jennifer Probst
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Grave Destinations by Lori Sjoberg

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ The Monster Within by Cerys du Lys
  • Tuesday ~ Review ~ Must Love Dukes by Elizabeth Michels
  • Wednesday ~ Review ~ Spare Hearts by Dorothy F. Shaw
  • Thursday ~ Review ~ Bobby Ether and the Academy by R. Scott Boyer
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski
  • Saturday ~ Review ~ Turned by Virna DePaul
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 268th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Doctor appt's, errands, grocery day, Pokémon Community Day and the annual Bethel Church All-U-Can-Eat BBQ makes for a busy week. Yesterday was the Marine Corps' 243rd birthday and today is Veteran's Day. Happy Birthday, Marines and a huge thank you to all our Veterans, my hubby and oldest son among them.


Touching Nature: Leafageddon has begun. I and my mighty destrier, Backpack Blower, claimed victory in Battle 1. I'm sure I will need to gear up for Battle 2 at some point this week since we had some heavy rain and wind that knocked more of the leafy enemy off their lofty perches. Also, I think the lovely Fall weather was short. Again. Goodbye 70s/50s and hello 40-50s/30-40s (and some 20s?!). Ugh. I just wanted a run of days where I could open my windows and let in fresh air. WHY is that too much to ask?!

Book News: I'm at 73% on NG, so I'm no longer sure I'll make the 80% mark by the end of the month. That's assuming I can finish the goal I set for myself. I have 7 books left to read which means I should probably lay off the tv watching for a bit. I have 3 reviews to write up and I'll get to those probably today.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Trip and I finished season 3 of Daredevil and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I must process it some more. Since hubby is off work until Jan 2nd, he watched with us though he had no idea what was going on. Then we watched The Punisher with him even though we just watched it. LOL We started Arrow from the beginning (we haven't seen season 6 yet) and we're also continuing with NCIS which we're now in Season 13.

At the Flicks: Nothing yet. With money tight we may not see The Grinch or Fantastic Beasts 2. We'll see.

Cyberspace Playground: Still working on something.

Randomness: For my Supernatural friends.

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: Don't close the lid of the washer when you're done doing laundry until the inside is dry. Otherwise you'll have a musty smelling washer. I wish my daughter would stop doing this. Yuck.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Nope.


Kindle Lending Library
November Pick


Author Freebie
It's part of graphic novel anthology and there's no cover for it. :(


Freebies
Hard to believe, but nothing this week.

3 comments:

  1. I've 3 reviews to write soon, and I'm nearly finished two more books. So I better get writing. They mount up soooo fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in Season 2 of Daredevil since I haven't watched tv in months. I have read lots of books but I hope to watch a little over the rest of the year while I do some knitting. I like Rebecca Zanetti and I know I reviewed that A Christmas to Remember a year or two ago and liked it. I'm doing HoHoHoRAT so it fits right in. Most of them are holiday romances and I don't like them all but I am getting through a bunch of the freebies I grabbed. Good luck on catching up on Netgalley. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been a good girl. I have been reading but not reviewing them. I have to work on them but I have so much school work to do. I have to wait for my break. Have a great week.

    Mary #SundayRoundup #44!

    ReplyDelete